Our Mission at k. Norwood Portraiture
Over the past several years, Robert and I have made a strong commitment to provide classic, modern, romantic and affordable fine art portraiture to families, couples and individuals in the greater Brazos Valley area. In order for us to meet this goal, we strive to create images that highlight relationships and provide lasting memories through the use of the highest quality equipment, techniques and training. Our desire is to deliver a service that exceeds the expectations of our clients and the offerings of our competitors.
Thank you for trusting us with your portraiture needs.
Our Studio Success
- The Studio Itself – It has been a blast watching our studio and its clientele grow over the past 7 years. What began as my master bedroom has grown to a beautiful studio setup with soft boxes, muslins, canvases and studio props to get just the right look. Whether we are shooting a sweet baby session or having fun with a boudoir session, we are ready to serve our clients needs with the classic look of beautiful portraiture through the use of portrait lighting. That is not to say that we do not love the environmental portraiture also. My all time favorite photography is landscape photography and pair that with great posing and some awesome natural or off-camera lighting and you get spectacular environmental portraiture.
- Projection – Several years ago we upgraded our services by providing our clients with the ability to see their images as they should. We listened to what other successful studios were doing and listened to our clients and decided that projection was how we could make the experience 100% better for our clients. Since we started using a projection system, we have not heard one complaint about a clients images. We still post images to an online gallery but only after you have seen them Up Close and Personal.
- Products – So many of our clients started asking about frames so we again listened and decided to start carrying a line of frames that we thought not only beautiful but affordable. Our frames come from a company that has been in business for over 20 years and are unmatched in the industry. We also offer greeting cards, albums, image boxes, CD cases, Images purses, custom designed DVDs set to music and so much more.
- Prints – We use a professional lab to print our images and have been incredibly happy with the guarantee our lab has offered. We have only had to reprint one image in the 7 years we have been in business. We typically print on lustre paper but can provide our clients with metallic, canvas, and linen prints. The possibilities are endless!
- Education-Our commitment to providing you with the best wedding, family and newborn photography is shown by how serious we are about education. Every year we attend classes from world renown photographers like Elizabeth Homan, Bry Cox, Jim Cunningham, Tony Corbell and Richard Sturdevant. These are giants in the field of photography and every year we are just a little bit better than we were the last year. Kathy is a Certified Professional Photographer and has been since 2010 and maintains her certification while participating in International Print Competition, State and Regional Competitions. She and her husband Robert are members of The Texas Professional Photographers Association and the Professional Photographers of America.